So today I turn 25. I can’t even begin to figure out where the time has gone. I feel like I was graduating college just a few months ago. I’ve done a lot so far in my life. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to study abroad in London between my sophomore and junior year of college. I’ve held internships at some badass places, including Harper’s Bazaar, Turner Sports and Disney Youth Programs. I graduated (debt-free) with a dual degree in Magazines (which I just found out no longer exists) and Consumer Journalism and a minor in Speech Communication from The University of Georgia. I recently started my Master’s in Public Relations online through Kent State University. I’ve got a good job, a roof over my head, no car payments, and fabulous friends, family and boyfriend. BUT, I feel like there are still a few things missing from my life. So, here’s a list of things I’d like to accomplish before I turn 30. Five for ten wouldn’t be bad, right?
1. Backpack through Europe. When I studied abroad, I never had the opportunity to go to Paris, Spain, Italy, Greece or too much beyond the United Kingdom really. I feel like I still have a lot left to do and see.
2. Finish my Master’s degree. (Considering I’ve already started, this should not be an issue…)
3. Start a freelance career. I’m trying to get a jump start on this at age 25. Stay tuned for my latest freelance project!
4. Have an article published in a national magazine. This just sounds cool. Plus, I should put my major to use, right?
5. Volunteer at least one day a week. Helping others makes me feel good. In high school I was president of Habitat for Humanity and it was something I looked forward to every week. I need to start doing some good again.
6. Become an college or high school adviser. This is what I’ve wanted to do since I was in high school, and I’m note sure why I haven’t done it yet.
7. Join a book club. I love reading, so this is something I really think I’d enjoy.
8. Buy a house. And furnish it.
9. Become a certified spin teacher. This is my favorite type of workout, so why not teach it?
10. Settle down. (Kids not necessarily included yet.)