Wallet feeling a little light after the holidays? You can still have that much-needed romantic getaway at one of these 5 romantic staycation destinations!
1. Charleston, South Carolina – It’s hard not to be romantic while strolling through this historic town, full of fine dining, shopping and scenic harbor views. Pamper yourselves at the HarbourView Inn, located in the heart of the city. Known for its luxury and southern charm, you’ll be a hop, skip and a jump away from all the city has to offer, including Historic Downtown Charleston, Waterfront Park and Charleston Harbor. Be sure to indulge your palate at the famous Magnolia’s Uptown Down South restaurant for dinner and enjoy a ghost tour through the historic cobblestone streets in the evening.
2. Napa Valley, California – Filled with picturesque rolling hills of grape vines, wine tasting, renowned restaurants and quaint bed and breakfasts, Napa Valley is the perfect romantic destination for those living on the West Coast. Spend your afternoons touring the vineyards of St. Helena, then snuggle up with your honey at the Red Door Inn bed and breakfast in the heart of the city (they even offer in-room massages!).
3. Key West, Florida – If you and your sweetie are a fun-in-the-sun type of couple, then Key West is the spot for you! Complete with upscale hotels and restaurants, you can spend your days lounging on the sand or go snorkeling in the gorgeous, clear blue water. If you’re looking for a little seclusion from the all the tourists, try the Little Palm Island Resort and Spa. With no telephones, televisions or guests under the age of 16, the only distractions you’ll have are each other ;-).
4. Sedona, Arizona – Looking for a little R&R? A few nights at the Enchantment Resort in Sedona, Arizona will make you completely forget the frenetic pace of the holidays. Rooms and suites are situated in pueblo-style casitas, all with private decks, beehive gas fireplaces, and extensive views of Boynton Canyon. If you ever feel the need to leave your room (not sure why you would with the spectacular view!), check out L’Auberge de Sedona, one of the most romantic restaurants in town.
5. Manchester Village, Vermont – If you’re living in the Northeast and are considering a honeymoon close to home, the Manchester Village is for you! If you and your sweetie are feeling adventurous, check out Equinox Resort. They offer skiing, ice skating, sleigh rides and snow shoeing in the winter and canoeing, fishing and horseback riding in the summer! Need to relax and unwind? Enjoy a tension tamer massage and an Equinox Custom Facial at The Spa at Equinox.