Happy first day of Lent! In my crazy Irish Catholic family, this means the start of “no meat” Fridays. If you’re a carnivore like me, this can be a frustrating sacrifice. So, I’ve decided to share one of my favorite Lenten Friday recipes which I snagged from The Pioneer Woman – simple sesame noodles. It’s even better if you add a little shrimp (and it’s SUPER easy to make)!
- 12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Chili Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin
- Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
- Add in shrimp (optional), sprinkle with green onions and toss again.
- Dinner is served!